Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Final Test





October 1-2

My family and I have decided to take a journey to the Branson, Missouri area. We decided to stay at Bass Pro Shop's Big Cedar Lodge. It is an extremely nice resort and is furnished just like a regular Bass Pro. One of my activities while I was in Branson was to fly fish, by myself, on a tributary of the famous White River. The White River is home to thousands of trophy sized Rainbow Trout and is not for the beginning angler. However, my experience did not disappoint. I fished 2 days for 4 hours each day. Each day, I caught over 15 trout, a good day's haul for any fly fisherman. I used the same egg and nymph pattern I used on Thomas Creek in West Virginia and it worked beautifully. I used all of my own equipment so all I had to pay was approximately 30 dollars for the license and fishing fee. I feel that my training throughout my fly fishing experience has finally payed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment